Reference window toolbar
In the reference window toolbar there is a set of command buttons. The commands associated with the buttons can also be found under their respective menu options. Note that the buttons are only active / available when applicable.
The various buttons / commands you can choose are:
|Go to previous reference
– Navigate to the previous reference in the library (with the current sort order).
|Go to next reference
– Navigate to the next reference in the library (with the current sort order).
– Select reference type for your reference
|Show Empty Fields
– Displays all fields in a reference, also the empty ones
|Show Rating Field
– Displays the rating field at the top of the reference
|Show Spelling and Grammar panel
– Brings up the the spell check and grammer tool
|/||Mark as Read / Unread
– Mark the current reference as read or unread
|Find Reference Update
– Let you search for updated metadata to the current reference
(See more on Find Reference Update.)
– Lets you select a file to attach to the current reference
– Lets you select a figure to attach to the current reference
|Return to Word
– You can go to Word while working in EndNote (or you can switch between programs in the usual way …)
(See more on use of EndNote and Word.)
– Takes you to Word and the command «Format Bibliography». Only available when you already have a document open for editing.
(See more on Formatting in Word)
|View Source Record
– Brings up Web of Science in your default browser and shows the reference
(See more on View Source Record)
|View Related Records
– Brings up Web of Science in your default browser and activates the command «Related Records» for the current reference
(See more on View Related Records)