FAQ / issues
Problems that may arise
- I have upgraded to macOS Mojave (ver. 10.14.x) and cannot get references in the Word document
- I’m not getting the «EndNote X9» toolbar in Word
- Compatibility with previous EndNote versions
- How do I make EndNote understand that institutions as authors should not be perceived with first and last names?
- How to merge two documents that both have references?
- When importing from PubMed, I only get shortened journal title while my style requires me to use full title. Is there any way to solve this?
- When I search an external base via EndNote, all the hits are transferred to my EndNote library without asking for it. Can I avoid this?
- I use the APA style, but sometimes the initials of a few authors are included in the citation. What is wrong?
- When I move the EndNote library between two machines, the groups / attachments disappear
How do I do that?
- How do I get the APA 6th-UB output style?
- Transfer references between EndNote libraries
- Abbreviated author name in the citation, full name in the reference list
- Move the reference list to a different location in the document
- Remove unwanted reference types from the menu
- Citing references that are not yet in the EndNote library
Can’t find what you’re wondering about?
Log in to our Self-Service Portal (students and staff at UiB), or feel free to submit questions to email@example.com.