User-defined groups can be deleted – unlike the system groups («All References», «Search Results» and «Transferred References») that the program has full control over itself.
When you delete a group, the references assigned to that group will not be deleted from the EndNote library.
There are three ways to delete groups:
Using the menu:
- Select the group to be deleted
- Select «Delete Group» from the «References»-menu
- Select «Groups» and then «Delete Group» from the «References»-menu
Using keyboard commands:
- Select the group you want to delete
- Press z+D (Command+D)
- Right-click the group you want to delete
- Select «Delete Group»